Friday 4 January 2013

Gift

Hello everyone. Happy, happy New Year and Happy, happy PFF!!!
Leah announced new optional and creative theme for January which is 'Dark' few days ago . I did not know what to think about it and then I realized that it could not be better theme for my creativity now. Why?  Because I think about darkness quite often. When I think about darkness also I think immediately about light. These two are like lovers who cannot live and exist apart. These two lovers are so connected and depended on each other. Dark and light are like gifts in our lives. Life is a journey through darkness towards the light. I was so sure this week what I would like to paint. This painting was calling me from many places in my mind and heart.  I enjoyed creating it so much because  there was no better way to express my thoughts, needs and feelings at the moment. My paintings represent a baby journey from dark to light, my hopes and thoughts about my two best friends who are just literally about to give a birth. How beautiful it sounds: give a birth. Is it not one of the most beautiful gifts to the humanity and  the world? 


'Lemon Belly' (pastels)



'Lemon Belly' (pastels)


'Lemon Belly' (watercolour)

'Lemon Belly' (seen from perspective)

12 comments:

  1. wow Aga your painting is amazing and so beautiful.
    Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely... great tonal work and it kind of reminded me of when I was pregnant and my daughter used to stick her elbow out and I used to have a lemon belly... we used to call her the alien... lucky she didn't turn out looking like an alien or a lemon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very strong and poignant, beautiful! How awesome that you studied this in different mediums! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aga, your work is incredible. And of course I always enjoy reading the thoughts and intentions that inspire such incredible work. Life is definitely made up of light and dark, ups and downs. We are so lucky to realize that and to be able to express our thoughts and feelings through our art.

    Thank you for your kind and uplifting words on my blog today. The sun is shining here today so it will be a great weekend. Hope you have a wonderful weekend as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful watercolor, yes, is the best gift of all, life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing images. "Give a birth." It is like giving a gift. The gift of life in the real world, with all of its ups and downs - a beautiful thing. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing art, Aga. Nothing is more beautiful, amazing, or miraculous than the birth of a baby. Thankfully, I never had a lemon belly while pregnant, but more like a beach ball.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful range of grays, Aga.
    What a meaningful portrait.
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF and Happy New Year!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, gotta love pregnancy. (I'm due in the next few months myself.) These portraits are very moving and beautifully done. I can sense that a lot went in to them. Congrats on the coming births in your circle of friends, and happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fantastic drawing, love your theme and the thoughts behind it. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's gorgeous & inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nicely done, wonderful theme and thoughts. Have a nice Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete